Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Reflection

Here I am writing about a reflection on the English Class of Paul Gasparo for the fall semester of the year 2009. In this post I will talk about how this class has increased my writing style and how it has affected my writing today. I joined the Army after a failed attempt at school after high school, so it has been a while since writing and English has not been a big part of my military career. This class has helped from the start where we wrote a diagnostic paper about a past experience. This was an easier essay since you used something about your past to talk about. We talk about what we needed to do to get through college and what is expected from you as a student and what a teacher would like from the student. From there we went into talking about the generation x or the lost generation and how we feel it has shown in the world today. There are some really good short videos that we would have to watch for homework and I feel if many more people could see these videos then some things might change. We then went into a paper where we talked about something we believed in. I was perplexed with there are so many beliefs I believe in but to choose just one that I believed so strongly about and to right about. In class we also talked about health care and how it is different in other countries and how it has affected America. We then went into learning the ways of how others put together what they want to say on paper. We learned the different ways of Bruce Springsteen and how many times he would want to rewrite his songs before he was accepting with his work. The CRAAP test about finding out about if it is a good website to get information off of was something that was really helpful since more and more work is found over the internet. We went over peer review and how the help of a classmate could really changed your paper or gives you ideas that might work smoother. The argument paper was the hardest part of the semester. There was enough time to complete the work and meet the requirements and there was class time in which we would be able to work on our papers and get help from other classmates that have found tips to get through the work. Overall this class has been a great class to take at school. It has been a long time since I have had to write a paper and overall I feel that my writing still needs much work but with his help I have come to put together papers that will give me help with writing in the future. I would suggest taking his class. I only now try and prepare for what comes in the future for my writing.

3 comments: